About Us

A BRIEF HISTORY OF TABOR HILLS

The Bohemian Home was founded in 1894 and began on a 43-acre farm in Bensenville, Illinois. Around the turn of the century a picnic grove, located on what was then Crawford Avenue in Chicago, was acquired in exchange for the Bensenville property. At that time the facility served as both an orphanage and a senior home. The orphanage was discontinued in the early 1950’s.

bohemian

The “Old Home”

Through the years, the Home has been guided by one major principle: to care for its residents in the best possible way. Tabor Hills is dedicated to promoting independence, ensuring dignity and providing loving care so that our residents never need to feel alone or unwanted.

Tabor Hills is governed by an Assembly of Delegates, whose members represent a broad spectrum of organizations and lodges in the Chicago metropolitan area. Members of the Board of Directors are elected by the Assembly to oversee the operation of the Tabor Hills Campus, setting it’s policies and procedures and managing its finances.

The Officers and Directors of the Home elected to relocate to a larger campus. This was accomplished in 1990 when property in Naperville, consisting of approximately 35 acres, was acquired. Plans were developed for not only a healthcare facility but also an independent living community. “Tabor Hills” was chosen as the name for this new campus. In 2000, an additional 17 acres was added to the campus.

The Tabor Hills Campus includes Tabor Hills Independent Living Community, Tabor Hills Supportive Living Community and Tabor Hills Healthcare Facility. The three communities are situated on 52 beautifully landscaped acres. Tabor Hills continues its mission to promote independence and dignity for individuals living on our campus.