Tabor Hills Senior Living Campus, a not-for-profit community located in Naperville, IL with nearly 125 years of dedicated service in caring for the senior population, offers an Independent Living Community, Supportive Living Community, and Healthcare Facility.
Tabor Hills Healthcare Facility:
Infection Control Preventionist | Full Time
Benefit Package includes: Medical | Dental | Vision | Life | 401k
169 Bed Facility with a 5 Star Quality Rating by CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services). Tabor Hills Healthcare Facility provides a range of services including: skilled nursing care, post-acute medical and rehabilitation care.
Full Time Employee Benefit Package includes: Medical | Dental | Vision | Life | 401k
The Infection Control Preventionist is responsible for management and oversight of the facility infection prevention and control program, including surveillance for specific health acquired infectious (HAI) diseases; reporting of cases involving the possible spread of infection; outbreak investigation analysis and interpretation of data concerning epidemiologic investigations; institution of control measures; and program evaluation. Specific duties include:
· Collects, records and analyzes data on healthcare acquired or associated infections (HAI) based on facility needs, devise target areas for HAI surveillance and make recommendations for control measures or interventions.
· Assists with infection control services for resident care areas by applying epidemiologic principles to decrease resident risk for infection in a cost efficient manner.
· Educates individuals/small groups regarding adherence to principles of Body Substance Precautions and other specific infection control precautions as needed for outbreaks.
· Conducts in-service education classes on infection control and prevention, antiseptics and disinfectants, specific infectious disease and other related health care issues.
· Initiates outbreak investigations and reports to appropriate government agency when necessary.
· Reviews laboratory reports and communicates possible communicable disease.
· Assists in development and administration of follow-up monitoring procedures for residents who are exposed to communicable diseases.
· Assists with the establishment of standards of infection control practice that is scientifically based and consistent with regulatory requirements.
· Assists with the review and recommendation of medical products and engineering control required for infection control safety standards.
· Routinely observes staff perform proper technique for the control of infection.
· Bachelor’s Degree in nursing, microbiology, or public health (with concentration in epidemiology), or a related field such as Medical Technology. Master of Public Health desirable.
· Three (3) or more years of experience in infection prevention and control, clinical nursing, clinical microbiology, epidemiology or equivalent.
· Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred.
· Membership in Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology or the ability to obtain within three (3) months of hire.