Full Time: Rotating Weekly Shifts including: 6:30am – 3:00pm | 10:30am – 7:00pm | Rotating Weekends and Holidays
Benefits: Medical | Dental | Vision | Life | 401k
Location: Tabor Hills Supportive Living Community | 1439 McDowell | Naperville, IL 60563
Phone: 630.778.6677 ext. 1257
Overview of Position: Prepares and serves meals and other foods as required, to support the menu and other facility events.
1. Review menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of food to be prepared. Prepare meals according to planned menus and standardized recipes in a sanitary manner to ensure the utmost quality with a minimum of waste.
2. Review menus to identify all foods required for therapeutic diets before preparing food. Use nutritionally equivalent substitutes when required. Record menu changes.
3. Operate a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers and tenderizers. Bake, roast, broil and steam food items to prepare for consumption.
4. Wash, peel, cut and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare for use.
5. Test and observe food by tasting and smelling for palatability.
6. Meet meal schedules. Serve meals according to portion control. Slice portion of meat for individual servings. Add gravies, sauces and garnishes, as required.
7. Maintain Dining Services Department according to established rules and regulations. Direct and assist in performing daily and scheduled cleaning duties. Assign duties to dietary aides as needed.
8. Store food in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements, food spoilage and food sanitation.
9. Utilize supplies and equipment properly and without waste.
10. Think and act calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job without being thrown off stride.
11. Perform any miscellaneous works assignments, as may be required.
12. Notifies Director of Dining Services or Supervisor regarding supplies of poor quality or inappropriate items.
Reports to: Director of Dining Services
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma. Food Service Sanitation Certification.
Minimum Experience: Two years as a cook in a large scale cooking operation. Completed and possess Food Service Sanitation Certification.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Frequent standing, stooping, pushing, pulling, and crouching.