Full Time: Tuesday through Saturday 6:30am – 3:00pm
Location: Tabor Hills Supportive Living Community | 1439 McDowell | Naperville, IL 60563
Phone: 630.778.6677 ext. 1257
Overview of Position: Shall keep all areas of the facility neat, clean and in sanitary condition. The Housekeeping Attendant should be familiar with the concept of Assisted Living and relate well with residents and staff of the community.
- Able to sweep, mop, and polish floors; vacuum carpets; clean restrooms; wash windows and walls; move and arrange furniture and equipment; pick up outside refuse.
- Dress in appropriate uniform and be at appointed workstation promptly when the shift starts and work consistently until the shift ends.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Demonstrate ability to clean and sanitize areas of responsibility consistent with facility policy and procedure.
- Attend all facility and department in-service training.
- Work in cooperation with all other employees of the facility to maintain a clean and sanitary environment for both residents and staff.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to facility safety program at all times.
- All other assigned duties by department head or facility Administrator.
- Ability to get around the facility to carry out assignments.
- Some up and down activity including reaching above and below shoulder height.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs – 75 lbs.
- Ability to be standing for extended periods of time.
- Communicates orally and in writing with residents, families and co-workers.
Reports to: Administrator
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma is desirable, but not mandatory. A good working knowledge (reading and speaking) of the English language is mandatory. Housekeeping experience is preferable, but not essential. Must meet health assessment requirements. Must be able to perform each of the essential position functions.