Full Time: 10:30am – 7:00pm, Rotating Weekends and Holidays
Location: Tabor Hills Supportive Living Community | 1439 McDowell | Naperville, IL 60563
Phone: 630.778.6677 ext. 1257
Overview of Position: Prepares and serves meals and other foods as required, to support the menu and other facility events.
- Review menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of food to be prepared. Prepare meals according to planned menus and standardized recipes in a sanitary manner to ensure the utmost quality with a minimum of waste.
- Review menus to identify all foods required for therapeutic diets before preparing food. Use nutritionally equivalent substitutes when required. Record menu changes.
- Operate a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment, such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers and tenderizers. Bake, roast, broil and steam food items to prepare for consumption.
- Wash, peel, cut and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare for use.
- Test and observe food by tasting and smelling for palatability.
- Meet meal schedules. Serve meals according to portion control. Slice portion of meat for individual servings. Add gravies, sauces and garnishes, as required.
- Maintain Dietary Department according to established rules and regulations. Direct and assist in performing daily and scheduled cleaning duties. Assign duties to dietary aides as needed.
- Store food in designated areas, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements, food spoilage and food sanitation.
- Utilize supplies and equipment properly and without waste.
- Think and act calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job without being thrown off stride.
- Perform any miscellaneous works assignments, as may be required.
- Notifies Dietary Manager or Supervisor regarding supplies of poor quality or inappropriate items.
Reports to: Director of Culinary Services
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma. Food Service Sanitation Certification.
Minimum Experience: Two years as a cook in a large scale cooking operation. Completed and possess Food Service Sanitation Certification.